For part II of my summer essentials series, I want to touch on skin/body products, I've never been a "spender" when it comes to body care products, just about any nice smelling, non drying body wash will do, my current favorite is the Aveeno White Peach & Ginger Antioxidant Body Wash, the smell of this epitomizes summer for me, and white peach, is my favorite fruit, ever. For body lotion I usually opt for a body oil, like coconut oil, or the Caudalie Divine oil if I'm feeling fancy.
1. Lavanilla The Healthy Deodorant in Vanilla Coconut: this is my favorite scented natural deodorant, it's light, it smells nice, and it works. There are other scents in the range as well, I want to try the grapefruit one next.
2. Caudalie Divine Oil: I wouldn't want to be without this, ever. A friend of mine gifted me the divine oil set a couple of years ago and I have been hooked since. This is a light weight, DIVINE smelling body oil, I use this on my legs, arms and sometimes the ends of my hair, the sheen it leaves on your skin is beautiful, glowy, but not greasy, just perfect.
3. Lucas Papaw Ointment: This Australian made ointment is a miracle worker for dry, chapped skin. I stocked up on these during our honeymoon to Australia, gave a few tubes to my girlfriends and they all swear by it now. You can find it on ebay, 25g for under $9 shipped.
4. Paula's Choice Resist BHA 9: This contains 9% BHA aka Salicylic Acid, normally OTC BHAs only go up to 2%, so this is potent stuff, it works amazingly well for unclogging congestion and clearing up zits, while remaining gentle on the skin. This is my summer skin savior, when sweat and hyperactive oil glands set out to wreck some serious zitty havoc.
5. Mon Jasmin Noir L'Eau Exquise & Omnia Cystalline by Bvlgari: Two of my favorite summer fragrances. I love Bvlgari's approach to fragrances, it's always subtle, understated, simplistic, and never overdone. The Omnia Crytalline has been a staple since early college years, and still remains on frequent rotation in my collection.