It's JULY! It's been a scorching week here in Los Angeles, wearing makeup in the summer heat definitely does not play nice with my oilier than usual summer skin, melty melty mess. These are my tried and true summer makeup essentials, combined with lighter application/proper priming, I usually do not need touch-ups unless I need to go out after dinner.
1. Biore Bright Face Milk SPF50 PA+++: my HG sunscreen for summer, I personally don't notice the brightening effect, but this sunscreen works wonders as a makeup primer/mattifier. And SPF50? definitely a must for SoCal.
2. Shiseido Mascara Base: A coat of this before mascara, keeps my thin, straight asian lashes curled, smudgeprooof and flake-free, all day.
3. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze: a lot of beauty bloggers swear by this, for good reasons, it's pigmented, lasts all day, never smudges, the color flatters any skintone, and the best part, 5 bucks.
4. MAKEUPFOREVER Aqua Brow in #25: Makeupforever's aqua range is great for long-wearing makeup, this brow gel is easy to use, stays like a magnet, and #25 is the perfect color for me.
5. Revlon Lip Butters in Juicy Papaya & Sweet Tart: another HGs here. I can't be bothered with heavy lipstick or sticky glosses, these are perfect, moisturizing, balmy texture, a peachy coral & a sheer pink are pretty much all I need.
6. Tarte Amazonian 24 hour blushes in Peaceful: Tarte Amazonian blushes are amazing, Peaceful is a shimmery peach color, very flattering, similar to nars O, but lasts much longer. (update: this might be clogging me, going back to my old faithful Chanel Reflex for now).
7. Dior Matte Sunshine Water Resistant Bronzer in Honey Bronze SPF25: I'm not sure if this is still available, but this is the only matte bronzer that does not pull orange on me, though I haven't swam with this on, but on a 90+ degree day this stays put all day.
8. Lumene Time Freeze CC Cream SPF 20 in Light: I don't like wearing heavy foundation in the summer, so I picked this up at CVS for 75% off, a whopping $3 dollars, ran this through COSDNA, ingredients looks great, wore it for 3 days straight, and I love it! It's light-medium coverage, semi-matte finish, lasts 7+ hours with minimal blotting.